You can not stop automatic updates easily as you used to do in Windows XP, 7 and Vista. But, it is not a hard task also to turn off the automatic updates in windows 10. Also, it is essential for us to get the updates from time to time to run the system smoothly. Windows 10 check for updates periodically. Latest updates keep your system up to date with the newest feature. But, if you want the update when you need, then it is better to turn off the automatic update through manual setting. Now, I want to show you how to do manual settings to turn off the windows 10 update.
Download and update windows 10 from here: – https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
Here is a post on How to fix error 0x80070422 while updating in Windows 10. I hope you would like this post.
How to stop automatic updates in windows 10 using the Local Group Policy Editor: –
See below things to stop the windows 10 update manually using the ‘’Local Group Policy Editor’’.
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
- Type gpedit.msc in run command and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor. (Registry)
After that, below window will be opened.
- Now, you must follow these five steps: –
- Step: – 1. Click on Computer Configuration
- Step: – 2. Select Administrative Templates.
- Step: – 3. Click on Windows Components.
- Step: – 4. Click on Windows Update.
- Step: – 4. Double Click on Configure Automatic Updates
Select below things from the above window
- Auto download and notify for install
- Then, click on apply and ok.
When will be updates released then, and you will get a notification in Action centre to install and download the windows 10 updated.
Thus, you can turn off the automatic updates in windows 10.
I hope the above article will be helpful for you.
If you need any information, please let me know through the comment section.